About Paul Clark
Writer of feature articles on a variety of established artists, profiles on local businesses and community leaders, and restaurant reviews for The Hook, a magazine devoted to arts and culture in the Lower Hudson Valley, NY. Review and copyedit all editorial contributions. Consult on advertising promotion and acquisition.
Creative staff/freelance copywriter for advertising agencies, in-house promotion and marketing companies. Positive, personable and energetic style. Work exceedingly well with designers, art directors, marketing and account staff, support staff and clients to produce on-time, on-budget and on-strategy assignments.
Proven record of success in hiring, developing , managing and mentoring copy staff. Establish and administrate department policies and procedures, problem-solve and achieve ongoing cost efficiencies at all levels.
- Feature writer, copyeditor for regionally circulated magazine covering arts and culture in the Lower Hudson Valley. Consultant to publisher on advertising acquisition and promotion.
- Copywriter for consumer, business-to-business and trade print and direct response campaigns, sales and media kits, web content and more for clients competing in domestic and international markets. Accountable for fulfilling ad/promotion schedules of up to 300 individual projects annually. Received awards for creative excellence.
- Recruit, develop and evaluate staff performance, manage creative workflow.
- Co-founded my own agency specializing in advertising, media kits and ad sales promotion for national and international travel trade publications, and other trade-related clients.
- Writer, managing editor for book clubs division of national arts and entertainment trade publisher. Created editorial for regularly issued club bulletins and copy for new business direct mail and print promotions. Established and maintained consistently high level of editorial quality. Enhanced image and revenue of clubs within specified markets.